.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Poetry and the Bodily Image of Women

Throughout her sprightliness story, e truly(prenominal) girl will hardiness some level of rejection, intellect and humiliation. She may be told that she isnt dandy enough or that she involve to live up to higher(prenominal) (or lower) standards in order to be socially acceptable. So numerous of us girls put up face up depression and low self-consciousness because of this. We atomic number 18 constantly stupefy down every sidereal day because we can never be good enough. wherefore are we the ones that are told to be ourselves unless to also be absoluteive aspect at the aforesaid(prenominal) time? I have personally dealt with these kinds of things in my life as well. I, along with numerous other teenage girls my age, am at the point of my life where I constantly incur judged by other plurality or that I motif to be prettier or funnier or more perfect. A dower of these standards are set by males because while grammatical constructioning for a significant other, th eir standards catch very high and if you dont look a certain style or stage a certain way for them, they destiny nothing to do with you. Boys want girls to be the perfect mix of provocative and modest, assured and reserved, and of course, curvy and skinny. As I have grown ripened, I notice that I become less and less cocksure in myself. I decidedly see how some(prenominal) the media has influenced these prejudicial thoughts in my head. Most deal expect girls my age and older to look as perfect as the people photoshopped in magazines. That look is not realistic, and almost people realize that, but still seem to want a specific look from us. Many girls feel the deficiency to change physically who they are and exactly how they look for favorable reception from other people. This is because most of this prudence is focused towards teenage girls and novel women. \nIn the poem Anorexic, the vocaliser of the poem struggles so much with accepting the way her proboscis loo ks. She describes with vivid detail and a diverse use of haggling to describe her hate and repulse of her own body. In the kickoff two paragraphs she says, My body is a witch. I am longing it and Ye...

No comments:

Post a Comment