.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

My Ethical Beliefs in the Light of Popular Ethical Theories

It is certainly of convenience to invent on nonp arils estimable beliefs in the light of popular estimable theories such as the awesome augur ask system, which grounds my good principles in godly thought the simplistic honorable egocentrism system, which bothows my (Freudian) Id-based, self-inte lays to dictate my deportment in exclusively situations and the Utilitarian possibility, which binds me to re stand for in terms of the long-term good of both community in connection with my take in(prenominal) and/or pontential assembly line practices. I commit that my estimable concerns rest on a variety of respectable theories. This belief is founded on the assumption that mans headland and intentions ar by chance too k nonty to be understood by mean of sensation h sensationst possibleness al integrity.This is the ground wherefore philosophers contract established an immaculate discipline to study the heading and intentions of man. The estimable-philo sophical sphere of influence that fascinates me most(prenominal), however, is cardinal of priming. I trust my honest concerns to rest on power. A percentage from the preceding(prenominal) mentioned theories, thitherfore, I arouse observed myself bank in the Categorical lordly speculation of Kant at generation, the Rights conjecture at an early(a)(prenominal) times, and the Virtue Theory to boot but, every in different situations concerned with good thought. Is it possible for man to ever do a mode with moral philosophy? And, do I consciously choose which guess of moral philosophy to take to in situations that c either for my honourable principles to suddenly become a rivet of attention?I reckon that ethics be a component of or so every last(predicate) situations of man, non just ethical issues that argon manifest to in all. From sustainable food consumption to the culture of clothing ethical theories befool in almost all human situations. Only when the individual is complicated asleep in bed, or in deep meditation perhaps, do ethical concerns comfortably vanish into thin air. Which ethical theories do I trust at the time I wake up each day? Although I gift varied reasons to debate in the ethical theories mentioned above, the single theory that never take leaves my mind is that of applying reason to all situations that require my ethical concerns to come in the light of my mind.Reason appears in advance I decide whether divinity fudge would esteem of a certain action of mine, or whether smoking another cig artte with my friends would really serve my interests, etc. No doubt, all ethical theories call for reason to be applied before the theories themselves can be applied by an individual. The theory that I could apply most easily to all my situations, but plainly after applying reason, is the overlord overlook Theory. I believe that this limited theory moderates the remaining ethical theories mentioned in this paper as well. graven images commands argon often synonymous to all that should be good in our origination. Based on an edition of the Bible, my own interests should be beau ideals interests, and the interests of my brothers and sisters (all people) should too be my pithy term and long term interests. Moreover, paragons commands automatically include the fantasy of Do unto others as you would drive home them do unto you. I essential be regard my business associates and other, well. I must be loving my neighbor as I love myself.The Rights Theory and the Virtue Theory must needs be corporate as well into the portend demand Theory, seeing that divinity fudge calls for His vicegerents to protect His sheep (that is, the governing should protect the rights of the people, as in the Rights Theory) and He alike calls for the teaching of virtues to all people, four-year-old and old, and these virtues consist of justice, honesty, goodness, etc. The virtues taught by the portend in struction Theory also incorporate kindness, compassion, love, and mercy concepts that are essential to be human, but are not affected upon by most ethical theories outdoors the realm of immortal.The question that automatically emerges is What are graven images commands? Do they calculate upon our whims, or are they based upon a single holy book? The answers to these questions arecomplicated in my case, given that I believe in various interpretations of reverent commands that whitethorn or may not be mainstream Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or Hindu. I have growed more from books than from family and my community, which devolve to be the main sources of socialization for most people. This sociological theory has important underpinnings in ethical beliefs, seeing that we learn ethics and principles from the sources of in mental straination that exist around us. I also believe that we learn from a private source of data, the theology of Aristotle and Sir doubting Thomas Aqui nas, and in that locationfore, it is important to spang books of revelation to learn graven images commands and apply reason to apply the commands of theology from myriad scriptures.Now, of course, in that location are a immense cast of scriptures that may be called forth to find out the commands of God. Are the illustrious Ten prevailments the only commands, or should I also believe in the New Testament and the Quran? Did Buddha leave any godly commands in the form of scriptures? Such are the questions I have had to answer in my evolving understanding of Gods commands, withal though there is a deep source of entropy that still exists and tells me what is right and wrong from the Highest Source. grouse it conscience I believe that holiness is knowing right from wrong, in the skyline of everybody including myself and God. What pleases God and also pleases family must certainly please me.What else are my beliefs in light of the providential look out over Theory, whic h, in my opinion, should incorporate the remainder of the ethical theories mentioned in this paper, and many more theories like so. I believe that God is a synonym for the Good that Plato had referred to. At the same time, it is sort of possible that my interpretation of the Divine Command Theory would be different from the interpretation of another soul. After all, my understanding of God and His commands is different from the understanding of another soul. I believe in many scriptures atthe same time additionally, I obtain overconfident that they come from the same Source. I have learned about God in a bump way alto scramher. I do not inescapably trust all peoples doctrines. Moreover, I do not compel anybody else to believe in what I believe in.Does this mean that I could easily live on into ethical conflicts with people? Yes. However, it does not tantalize me, provided that I understand that their ethical principles are different from mine, and based on separate ethical t heories altogether. Once again, reason comes to the rescue. Without reason, I, too, would perhaps become as intolerant as the racists and the terrorists ( peak racists) who cannot tolerate the differences in beliefs among people. I know that God calls for such allowance among the children of Adam.Therefore, when extremism (or, utmost(prenominal) racism) leads to bloodshed among people, and those that are responsible for the bedlam throw the responsibility back on God by saying that such acts were committed in the name of God it is extremely sad and funny at the same time. It is sad because the intolerant common people have not understood Gods message of love and tolerance, even if they think that they are killing in the name of God, who is Love.On the other hand, it is funny because they are doing the direct opposite of what they intend to do. That is why it is of central importance to understand ones ethical principles, and keep on understanding and improving upon them througho ut ones lifetime. Furthermore, it is essential to align ones demeanour with ones ethical principles. By saying one thing and doing something else, people can test to be quite inconsistent and unreliable, if not dangerous to the extent of terrorism and other forms of psychopathy.I believe that ethics call for tolerance and good citizenship, and wherever Gods name is mentioned, as in the U.S. Constitution, there should be peace. For the state, therefore, the Divine Command Theory mandates peace. For business in general, and for the economy at large, theDivine Command Theory entails dissemination of wealth with a focus on income generation, economic growth, and prosperous living. In soulfulnessal life, I have found this theory to be most appropriate because it does not limit me to one theory.Nevertheless, I have one God, like the Christians and the Jews. In addition, it is beneficial to me that I do not ever have to think about myself and my own interests when the responsibility or the task at hand demands me to sacrifice my interests, at times, for the redevelopment of society in general. Ultimately, I may realize that by serving society at the expense of sacrificing my own interests at times, I serve myself better. I may become a happier person by serving society, and I may also increase in wealth. God would be pleased with me. What is most important, still, is the fact that I would be a peaceful person by being aligned with the interests of God, society, and myself.Naturally, in order to align my activities and behavior with the interests of God, society, and myself I have to think before I leap. It is of the essence for me to meditate on information that I gather from a considerable variety of sources, including books, my professors, friends, parents, etc. After take up the information thus gathered, I sleep with applying the Divine Command Theory to get to the depths of situations that often get me to think in terms of the other ethical theories a s well.There are times when self-seekings rule my ethical principles, or I think only in terms of the virtues of justice, integrity, trustworthiness, etc. However, if I were to base my activities solely on the Id-based ethical Egoism Theory, for example, I would perhaps featherbed in misleading thinking, which would eventually be responsible for behavior on my part that is misleading unto others. I am confident that the ethics of bribery in business rest in the appropriate or inappropriate use of the Ethical Egoism Theory. The chief executive officer of Enron, and many other befoul businessmen in modern times, have equally shown extreme self-interest in theirbusiness situations. In my case, such extreme use of the Ethical Egoism Theory would never occur because I rest my principles on divine commands. Honesty, in my case, is a virtue of necessity.Thus, I would only apply the Ethical Egoism Theory indoors the framework of the Divine Command Theory when the situation calls for n othing else except self-interest as a driving overstretch for ethical behavior. Also, in my case, self-interest would also translate into the good pleasure of God the long term interests of society (as in the Utilitarian Theory) Kants Categorical Imperative or doing unto others as I regard others do unto me respect to the government in go through for which I receive certificate of my rights, as in the Rights Theory and honesty, justice, etc., in light of the theory of Virtue.In the Kingdom of God or the businessman who applies the Divine Command Theory to rule his ethical behavior the Rights Theory occupies a very interest place, indeed. The Rights Theory asks for the government to protect my rights. In return for this favor, I show obedience to the government by following the laws in general. The businessperson who follows the same laws of the government would not cheat the government as did the Enron CEO. incomplete would such a businessperson return the favor of the govern ment by treachery the investors of his or her company.If a former U.S. Senator were to study a Rolex from a constituent, the Divine Command Theory would not call this behavior unethical if the Rolex were a gift. If the former CEO of Tyco were to use company bonuses to host a lavish party for his wife, I would ensure it unethical under the Divine Command Theory, seeing that God never asked us to usurp the rights of many people in favor of a few. Lifting verbatim a news report and presenting it as ones own is similarly unethical. organism messaged the answers to exam questions during an examination isunethical to boot.As farthest as downloading euphony without paying a fee is concerned, I would not ask it unethical so long as it serves the interests of society in the long run. I do not believe that downloading unembellished music off the network serves to instal the music industry down. There are countless people around the world who still do download issue music off the Inte rnet, because they do not lie with the quality of that music as compared to hardy CDs that music shops would like to sell. Besides, they do not instruct yet the technology behind spare music and the IPod. So, even though this ethical issue appears complicated to a huge number of people, I believe that it is mere(a) to understand in the light of Divine Command Theory.I do not think that God would like students to suffer pecuniary hardships because of their love of music. Hence, it is perfectly ethical, in my opinion, to enjoy free music off the Internet on IPods for those who would like to throw out on the quality of CDs from BMG, Sony, etc. Likewise, choosing between ethical theories is always a sacrifice. Hence, I apply reason to believe that the Divine Command Theory must incorporate all necessary ethical theories for me to conduct myself as a good human being, businessperson, and citizen of my nation. This theory does not confuse me at times that call for my ethical instin cts to show up. I believe in God, and in service to humanity.Additionally, I do not know apart between black or white, Chinese or Hindu. At times when people are engaging in what I believe to be incorrect behaviors, I do not intervene unless my self-interests as well as the pleasure of God are at sacrifice. At all times, however, I have kept to reason as the force that leads me to apply the Divine Command Theory, which I believe to be most trustworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment