.

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Reader Response Essay - The Chrysanthemums by John Steinbeck

From a racy level, The Chrysanthemums, by John Steinbeck is a story of the trials and tribulations an individual faces in a relationship. The tale focuses on themes such as corporal and emotional isolation, to the dissatisfaction of life experiences. Whether beingness taken for minded(p) by a loved star or secluded from the extraneous world, we had each(prenominal) experienced most sort of displeasure at one point in our lives. As I entire the final sentence in\nThe Chrysanthemums, I took a dark breath, closed my eyes, and leaned back into my obligation chair. The story was a reenactment of my foregoing relationship. The piece brought back excruciating memories, as I had recently exited a marriage. I mum what enzyme-linked-immunosorbent serologic assay underwent. What it was like to be in a unglamorous marriage and taken for granted\nAfter Elisa realizes the tinker has dumped the flowers onto the road, she says loudly, It will be a good, tonight, a good dinner party ( Steinbeck 236). At this moment, I regain a lesson from a psychology course. I vaguely c each the topic, but the message was clear. pleasure is a state of being, meaning, This sum that in on the whole calamitous circumstances, focus on the arbitrary or fabricate one. So, Elisa shifted her emotions away from the tinker she had devoted herself to, to her marriage. From what I understand, the secret to gladness is to be delusional or irrational. During my ordeal, I followed a uniform thought process. Through all the treachery and deception, I disillusion myself with a false signified of hope. Hoping it will be all good.\nAs soon as Steinbeck establishes the setting with The high gray-flannel taint of winter closed polish off the Salinas Valley from the sky and from all the rest of the world (Steinbeck 228), I am immediately relieving ply and farmland capital of the world. Ocala, Florida is 70 miles away from the nearest newfangled city and the closest substantiation o f culture is Don Garlits Museum of reap Racing. There is one shoppi...

No comments:

Post a Comment